Use the Funnel Trap Economy for monitoring and trapping males of different species of smaller moths in combination with species-specific pheromone.
Different species of smaller moths.
Protected and outdoor crops.
How it works
Mode of action
The Funnel Trap Economy needs to be used in combination with Pherodis pheromone dispensers. The dispensers release a species-specific sex pheromone which lures the males of the particular pest into the trap. Once in the trap they cannot escape and are easy to detect, count and identify. Trapping males also aids in reducing the number of eggs laid by females as they fail to mate.
One trap with hanging string.
Directions for use
- Place the pheromone dispenser in the cage and seal with the cap
- Insert cage into the hole at the top of the lid and push down, making sure the cage is secure
- Insert the lid into the funnel and push down to ensure a secure fit
- Insert strap into holes at either side of the funnel. NOTE: once inserted, the strap cannot be removed
- For ease of fixing, hold strap gently to one side, take the bucket and line up with the funnel. Push together ensuring secure fit. Slip clear strap between grooves at base of the bucket
- Feed the string throught the loops on top of the lid
- Traps need to be placed at least 1-2 metres above the ground
- If using traps for different species of moths, keep the traps at least 50 metres apart to avoid interference of the pheromones
- Wash your hands after handling each type of pheromone
- Weekly recordings of moth catches are advised
1-2 traps per hectare.
Use in combination with species-specific Pherodis pheromone.
Store out of sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."