A standard size funnel trap for monitoring and capturing different kinds of pests (in combination with a species specific sex pheromone). The trap can be supplied in different colour combinations. This reusable trapping system is made from UV strengthened plastic which makes it ideal for outdoor use.
When to use Funnel Trap Standard?
To monitor different moths inside or outside the greenhouse.
How does Funnel Trap Standard work?
Funnel trap is a pheromone trap to be used in combination with Pherodis pheromone dispensers. The pheromone dispenser releases a species-specific sex pheromone to lure the adult males of the pest that is being targeted into the trap. Once in the trap, they cannot escape and are easy to detect, count and identify. As the pheromone lure attracts male moths, it reduces the amount of eggs laid by females who fail to mate.
How to use Funnel Trap Standard
Application Funnel Trap Standard
- Traps need to be placed where moths will fly and where access to the trap is not impeded or where there is a westerly prevailing wind.
- Traps need to be placed above the crop canopy, raise the traps as required.
- Foliage should not come within 15 cm of the trap apertures.
- If using more than one pheromone species, keep the traps at least 50 metres apart to avoid the cross contamination of the pheromones and wash your hands after handling different types of pheromone.
- Look for sudden or sustained rises in catches of moths and take preventative or curative action. Weekly recordings of moth catches are advised.
1-2 traps per hectare.
Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.