Unit of packaging
Stratiolaelaps scimitus (predatory mite)
Pack size: cardboard cylinder
Contains: 10,000 or 50,000 predatory mites (all stages) in vermiculite with peat
- Eggs, larvae and pupae of Sciarid flies, preferring smaller larvae
Side effect on:
- Other soil-living insects like thrips pupae, Collembola and nematodes
- Eggs of Duponchelia fovealis
- Turn and shake the bottle or bag gently before use
- Spread material evenly on soil or rockwool blocks
- Do not apply in pothole close to stem to prevent plant damage by storage mites
Soil must be moist but not too wet, preferably rich in organic matter, with an open structure and minimum temperature of 15°C/59°F.
Storage and handling
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 10-15°C/50-59°F
- In the dark (bottle horizontally)
- These predatory mites do not enter diapause
- The product ENTOMITE contains storage mites (Tyrophagus putrescentiae). These may cause slight damage to some crops, particularly when growing conditions are humid or in the presence of large quantities. Always apply ENTOMITE to the soil surface, not on the plant. Test on small scale prior to application in crops where experience is lacking. Or ask your supplier for advice.
Adults: size to 1 mm, brown
Larvae/first nymphal stage: white
Mode of action
Adults and nymphs feed on larvae of sciarid flies and other soil living insects.
The mites can be observed in and on the soil and at the base of plant stems. Hypoaspis miles seldom occurs on the plants. Slow but steady reduction of the infestation level will take place.
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.
Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.