Use Natupol Fly for:
Pollination of isolated crops, produced on a smaller scale such as seed crops
Cardboard tube which contains 1 kg pupae (approximately 30,000 flies)
When to use Natupol Fly?
Natupol Fly or Lucilia sericata flies are used for small scale crops with just a few flowers or for crops that produce very little pollen. Examples of these crop families are: Cruciferae, Umbeliferae and Amaryllidaceae. For many seed producers, the flies are therefore the perfect complement to bumblebees and honeybees.
How does Natupol Fly work?
The flies search for nectar in the flower and thus come into contact with pollen. These pollen are not consumed by the flies but stick to their bodies. When a fly visits another flower the pollen are transferred to the pistils of the flower which is needed for pollination.
How to use Natupol Fly
Application Natupol Fly
- Modify the quantity in relation to the number of flowers per square metre.
- Protect the pupae from direct sunlight and moisture such as rain or condensation. Use coffee cups with lids, for instance, or bags. Do not scatter the pupae in the crop.
- The flies emerge over time, depending on the temperature.
- Cruciferae: roughly: 20-25 ml of pupae per m², once a week
- Compositae: roughly: 15-20 ml of pupae per m², once a week
- Umbelliferae: roughly: 20-25 ml of pupae per m², once a week
- Liliaceae: roughly: 20-25 ml of pupae per m², once a week
Best working conditions Natupol Fly
- The plants need to be well irrigated, because the flies need the moisture they get from the nectar of the plants
- Natupol Fly performs best at ambient temperatures of between 18-28 °C.
- Natupol Fly can be transported or stored under regular temperature conditions (18-20 ⁰C max.) for a maximum of 3 days, without risk of over-heating.
- Store at 4-8 ⁰C for a maximum of 7 days, if a slowdown in the development of the pupae is desired.
- Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
- Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.
- Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.