Use Natupol Seeds for:
Pollination of isolated crops, produced on a smaller scale such as seed crops
Six hives in a tray, each hive includes a small colony of bumblebees, consisting of 10 workers and male brood.
When to use Natupol Seeds?
Natupol Seeds offers unrivalled efficiency and reliable pollination for isolated crops covering smaller areas, from 1 to 25 m2. Natupol Seeds is easy to use and guarantees a long-lasting pollination which greatly reduces the amount of work required in peak periods.
How does Natupol Seeds work?
Natupol Seeds accommodates a small colony of bumblebees of around ten workers and male brood, that are very efficient pollinators with regards to seed production. After release, two to five worker bumblebees start pollinating the crop. Later on they are supported by males born in the weeks after their introduction to the crop.
How to use Natupol Seeds
Application Natupol Seeds
- Place Natupol Seeds in the isolated tent.
- Wait for at least half an hour after placing the hives, before opening the hive entrance. In this way the bumblebee colonies calm down.
- Protect the hives from direct sunlight.
Best working conditions Natupol Seeds
Natupol Seeds performs best at ambient temperatures of between 10-30°C
- Every hive contains food in order to keep the bumblebees in good condition during transport and storage.
- To guarantee the best pollination results, start using the hive on the day of arrival.
- Start using the hive no later than one day after arrival.
- Store the bumblebees in a temperature of between 15 – 25°C .
- Avoid direct sunlight on the hive.
Special points of attention
- Make sure the hives and the entrances are well visible, so the bumblebees can easily find their way home.
- Place no more than two hives next to or close to each other. To reduce drift of bumblebees make sure each hive entrance points into a different direction.
- Please note that direct sunlight on the hive can increase the internal hive temperature with 5-15 °C. It is important to provide shade in warm conditions.
- Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
- Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.
- Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.