Vidi Fortum stimulates soil life around the roots and improves abiotic stress resistance.
How it works
Mode of action
Vidi Fortum contains seaweed extract with a guaranteed content of 1% betaine. Seaweed extract reduces water stress thus leading to better photosynthetic performance. Betaine is an amino acid that improves drought and salinity resistance. Vidi Fortum supports the rhizobiome by providing organic matter and stimulating its degradation. This stimulates growth of bacteria and fungi, resulting in improved uptake and utilisation of nutrients by the plants. Plants can take up Vidi Fortum via leaves and roots.
|Pack size||5 and 20 litre containers.|
|Content||Seaweed (Ascophyllum nodosum) extract, containing minimum 1% betaine.|
Directions for use
- Shake the container well before use
- Fill the application tank with half the required amount of water
- Add the required amount of Vidi Fortum to the water
- Mix thoroughly
- Add the remaining amount of water
- Apply immediately after preparation
Vidi Fortum can be applied via drench or drip at the base of the plant, around the roots or sprayed on the plant canopy.
Application as drench or via the irrigation system:
- A separate tank/container is recommended for the proper preparation and application of the product
- Always add Vidi Fortum to the irrigation water after the sand filter, ideally directly injected at the irrigation valve by means of an injection pump (e.g. Dosatron) or venturi
- Avoid drainage in substrates when applying by drench/drip to prevent leaching
- Make sure Vidi Fortum does not remain in the irrigation system during the night
- Use disinfectants regularly to keep the irrigation system clean, but do not use Vidi Fortum at the same time as the disinfectant
Application via spraying:
- Always ensure that the spray tank is clean
- Ensure good crop coverage
- The dosage of Vidi Fortum depends on crop, growth substrate and climate and should always be adjusted to the particular situation
- Start application preventively soon after planting of the crop
- Application rates typically range from 3-5 litres/ha
- Applications should be repeated a number of times
- Consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advise on the best strategy for your situation
Can be tank mixed with most soluble fertilizers and pesticides. However, test any mix on a small surface for unexpected effects prior to extensive use.
Storage time after receipt
See package for expiry date. Storage time is strongly reduced once the package has been opened.
- In a cool dark place
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Protect against freezing
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Always comply with the conditions specified in local product registrations. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."