Vidi Funda restores and maintains the natural balance and the disease suppressiveness of the soil.
How it works
How it works
Mode of action
The Vidi Funda pellets break down through the interaction of temperature, moisture and the existing microbial population, and release the minerals into the surrounding soil. It is this gradual decomposition that supports and develops the microbial life and increases the bio-availability of nutrients.
|Pack size||20 kg bags.|
|Presentation||Solid, brownish pellets.|
|Content||Organic matter, 7% organic nitrogen, 2% P₂O₅ (as rock phosphate), 4% K₂O (as patentkali).|
Directions for use
Directions for use
Vidi Funda can be incorporated into the growth substrate or applied as top-dressing on the soil or pot.
Incorporation into the growth substrate:
- Mix Vidi Funda uniformly throughout the growth substrate. This can be done on farm or by a supplier of growth substrates
- Once incorporated into the growth substrate, use within 3-4 weeks (sooner if wet), since the biological process will start directly after mixing
- Avoid anaerobic conditions
Application as top-dressing on soil:
- Scatter evenly across the soil surface
- Avoid direct contact between pellets and plant stem or rhizome
- If possible, work pellets into the top layer to promote the decomposition process
- If the soil is to be covered with plastic foil, the Vidi Funda pellets must be worked into the soil to avoid anaerobic conditions
Application as top dressing for potted plants:
- Ensure direct contact with growing medium to allow decomposition of pellets to start
- Avoid anaerobic conditions. Therefore do not apply directly underneath the drippers
- The dosage of Vidi Funda depends on crop, growth substrate and climate and should always be adjusted to the particular situation
- Start application preventively or soon after planting of the crop
- Application rates typically range from 250-500 kg/ha, or 2-3 kg/m3 of substrate
- Applications could be repeated for certain crops
- Consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advise on the best strategy for your situation
- Adjust fertilizer inputs taking into account the nutrients supplied by Vidi Funda
- Avoid direct contact of Vidi Funda pellets with soft, green plant tissue, since this can lead to scorch
- Growth substrates containing Vidi Funda may develop fungal growth. Under aerobic conditions this is a sign that the substrate biology is active and becoming more resilient
- The fungus will disappear as the pellets break-down
Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions. Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product.
Storage time after receipt
- See package for expiry date
- Storage time will decrease once package has been opened
- In a cool, dark and dry place
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Protect against freezing
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."