Unit of packaging
Neoseiulus cucumeris (predatory mite)
Pack size: 1,000 ml bottle, 6,000 ml bucket
Bottle contains: 50,000 predatory mites (all stages) + some grain mites (all stages) mixed with bran or vermiculite
Bucket contains: 100,000 predatory mites (all stages) + a lot of grain mites (all stages) mixed with bran
PrecautionsIn case of mechanical application inhalation of the product may cause sensitization. A dust mask is recommended as protection for operators and people working near place of application
Various thrips species. Hatching eggs and the first larval stage. Predatory mites also eat spider mites (f.e. strawberry mite, broad mite), several other mites, honeydew and pollen.
The pieces of information given below are merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, you should always consult a Koppert specialist or a recognised distributor of Koppert products.
- Turn and shake gently before use
- Disperse material manually onto leaves, disperse throughout the crop using a blower, or - only in the case of buckets - scatter the material in little heaps onto stone-wool pots using a scoop 2.5 ml per plant, opposite the trickler
- When introduced on rockwool blocks the heaps keep on producing predatory mites for some weeks. Mites leave the heap to disperse in the crop
Relative humidity should be above 75% and the temperature above 20°C/68°F for some hours of the day. THRIPEX contains a strain of Neoseiulus cucumeris which is not susceptible to diapause. Therefore the predators can be used all year.
Storage and handling
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 10-15°C
- In the dark (bottles horizontally)
- Do not stack buckets
The product THRIPEX contains grain mites (Tyrophagus putrescentiae) and bran. These mites may cause slight damage to some crops, especially when growing conditions are humid and grain mites are present in large numbers. Consult your supplier prior to use. Small field test is recommended on crops or varieties lacking experiences. 'THRIPEX in vermiculite' is the safest product for sensitive crops.
- Mobile stages: beige-pink, droplet shaped, 'pushed down' position on short legs, often at hidden places like along veins and in the flowers
- Eggs: transparant white, attached to leaf hairs along veins on the underside of leaves
Mode of action
Adult predatory mites search actively for their prey and suck it dry.
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.
Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.