How it works
Mode of action
Pherodis dispensers release a species-specific sex pheromone or lure, and need to be used in combination with an insect trap, the type of trap depends on the species to be monitored. The species-specific sex pheromone lures males of the target pest into the trap. Trapping males also aids in reducing the number of eggs laid by females as they fail to mate. For some pests, Pherodis dispensers contain lures which attract both sexes of the target species.
Aluminium sachet with pheromone/lure dispenser.
Directions for use
- Collect the sachets containing the pheromone dispensers from the cold store and open the sachets
- Do not touch the dispenser, since manual contact can spread pheromones to other areas
- Place the dispenser in the trap and place the trap in the right position as indicated for the particular trap
- Wash your hands between assembling pheromone traps for different pest species
- During the first few days following the installation of a new capsule higher numbers may be caught due to a temporarily higher release of the pheromone from the new capsule
- Pheromone dispensers remain effective for a maximum of 6 weeks
In general two or four dispensers per hectare.
Use in combination with a suitable trap.
2 years after the production date when stored in a freezer (-18°C), and 1 year when stored in a refrigerator (4-6°C).
Preferably in a freezer (-18°C), and in any case at temperatures below 4°C.
Store in closed sachets.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."