When to use Entofood?
Use Entofood as an alternative food source for both the adults and nymphs of the predatory bug Macrolophus pygmaeus when no whiteflies appear. This helps the predatory bugs to build up a population in the absence of the pest.
How does Entofood work?
Macrolophus predatory bugs use the eggs as a protein source
How to use Entofood
- Introduce Entofood together with Macrolophus pygmaeus
- Disperse 60 grams per row using the Mini-Airbug*
* Please note! When dispersing the Entofood / 50-gram variant using a blower, a different dosage container must be fitted to the Mini-Airbug.
Precautions: In case of mechanical application inhalation of the product may cause sensitization. A dust mask is recommended as protection for operators and people working near place of application.
Best working conditions Entofood
For optimal distribution by Mini-Airbug:
- Start from the end of a path and walk/drive towards the central walkway
- Make sure Entofood is distributed on top of the crop
- Hold the Mini-Airbug at an angle that ensures all material lands on the crop
- Turn off any ventilators in the greenhouse; they disturb the airflow of the Mini-Airbug
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Entofood, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.
- To prevent condensation inside, leave the bottle with closed lid in the greenhouse to acclimatize. This avoids the formation of lumps of eggs.
- Maximum period of storage after receipt: 5 days
- Optimal storage temperature: 8-10°C / 47-50°F
- Ensure dark storage