Unit of packaging
Lecanicillium muscarium (entomopathogenic fungus)
Pack size: 500 gram bag in a box
Contains: 500 grams of wettable powder with 10E+10 spores/gram
Preparation of solution
- Mix the required amount of MYCOTAL with water (15-20°C/59-68°F), stir into a slurry in a bucket, use 3-4 litres water per 500 grams of MYCOTAL
- Fill the spray tank with the required amount of water
- Empty the slurry into the spray tank and agitate well
- Add the correct amount of ADDIT to the MYCOTAL spray solution and mix thoroughly
- Spray immediately after preparation
Whitefly larvae, with significant side effect on thrips larvae and spidermite.
Application and dose
- With high volume spraying equipment
- Late afternoon or early evening
- Thorough leaf (undersurface) coverage is essential for the best results
- Use ca. 2,000 litres of spray liquid per ha in high crops, and 1,000 litres per ha for low crops
MYCOTAL requires a temperature of 18-28°C/65-82°F and (if applied together with ADDIT) an average relative humidity of 70% for several days after application.
Storage and handling
- Storage after receipt: see package for expiry date
- Storage temperature: 2-6°C/36-42°F
- In the original package
- Tightly closed
Should only take place as described on the label. It is strongly recommended to apply MYCOTAL mixed with ADDIT.
Fungus: white to pale yellow cottony appearance. Under the microscope the mycelium is visible as shiny white threads (hyphae)
Mode of action
After spraying, the spores germinate and produce hyphae that penetrate the body cavity where they proliferate destroying the tissues. The fungus then grows through the insect cuticle and kills the insect after 7-10 days.
Larvae and pupae die before the fungus is visible. Dead larvae and pupae are light to dark-yellow, wrinkled and no longer shiny. After some time and under favourable conditions (high RH), white fungal fluff appears on affected insects (known as 'fluffy bodies'). This feature can be provoked by wrapping a leaf in a plastic bag for some days.
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.
Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.