How it works
Mode of action
After introduction of the hive, worker bumblebees start pollinating the flowers while at the same time collecting pollen to feed the brood. More workers emerge from the brood in the weeks after the introduction, increasing both colony size and pollination performance. After some weeks the colony will reach its maximum size and starts declining in size and pollination activity. Colony development depends on environmental conditions and the amount and quality of pollen.
One hive containing 3 separate extra large colonies of bumblebees including a queen, workers, brood and sugar water.
Directions for use
- Tripol hives can be placed 4-7 days before the crop flowers
- Position the Tripol hives evenly througout the plot. The best position is on a horizontal platform just above the ground
- Wait at least for half an hour after placing the hives before opening the flight holes, this allows the bumblebees to calm down
- Protect the hives from direct sunlight and rain, and weigh down the hive for example with a stone, to prevent it from blowing away
- Open the ventilation openings on top of the hive during warm weather
- Pull the white sliding door of each hive upward until two openings become visible (entrance and exit). Do not remove the small black door under the lid
- Pollination performance and duration varies per crop and depends on environmental conditions. Always consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation
Tripol performs best at ambient temperatures of between 12-30°C (keep out of sun on days with temperatures above 25°C).
Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions. Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product.
Storage time after receipt
To guarantee the best pollination results, start using the hive on the day of arrival. If necessary hives can be stored for maximum 1 day.
Keep hives in a well ventilated environment, out of reach of direct sunlight.
Remove bumblebee hives after flowering of the crop and no later than 12 weeks after introduction.
Seal old hives into plastic bags to kill remaining live bumblebees, which takes approximately 2 weeks. When all bumblebees are dead dispose the hives according to local legislation.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."