When should you use Montdo-Mite?
Use Montdo-Mite for biological control of the larvae of a number of thrips species (first and second stage) such as Frankliniella occidentalis, Thrips tabaci, Thrips setosus and Echinothrips americanus as well as eggs and larvae of greenhouse whitefly and tobacco whitefly. It also has an effect on various other small organisms, such as spider mites and tarsonemid mites.
How does Montdo-Mite work?
Adult predatory mites and nymphs actively seek out prey and feed off them.
How to use Montdo-Mite
Application of Montdo-Mite
- Gently rotate and shake bottle before use.
- Press the middle of the cap to open the dosage opening.
- Scatter on leaves.
- Ensure that the material remains on the leaves for at least a few hours after application.
- Do not carry out any work on the crop in the hours after releasing the predatory mites.
- Select a minimum of 4000 release points per hectare, evenly distributed over the total surface area.
- If necessary, use the Mini-Airbug, Airbug, or Airobug to spread Montdo-Mite mechanically
Precautionary measures: application of this product may lead to sensitization or allergic reactions, and for this reason we recommend taking the necessary precautions.
Best conditions for the use of Montdo-Mite
The predatory mite is not sensitive to diapause, and can therefore be used in the winter. The product can cope with high temperatures; a montdorensis population begins developing when daytime temperatures regularly reach 20-22°C.
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Usable life: One to two days after delivery
- Storage temperature: 12-14°C
- In a dark place
- With sufficient ventilation (because of accumulation of carbon dioxide)
- Store flat
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.
|Montdo-Mite||preventive||light curative||heavy curative|
|note||-||start as soon as thrips or whitefly is present||always in combination with other natural enemies|