There are many species of flowering potted plants, the most common species are:
- Poinsettia is well known and popular for its large red, white and green leaves, especially around Christmas.
- Begonia is a perennial flowering plants and belongs to the family of Begoniaceae. The genus consists of 1,795 different plant species. Some of these species are usually grown indoors and are used as ornamental houseplants in countries with colder climates.
- Kalanchoe is a tropical, succulent flowering plant and a genus that consists of about 125 species belonging to the family of Crassulaceae.
- Hibiscus is well known for its large, ornate flowers which are trumpet-shaped. These flowers have five or more petals and their colour varies from white to pink, red, orange, peach, yellow and purple.
- Phalaenopsis is also known as the moth orchid. Its genus consists of some 60 species. The Phalaenopsis is an extremely popular flowering plant these days.