Use the McPhail Trap for monitoring and trapping flies and wasps.
Fruit flies of the family Tephritidae and European wasp (Vespula germanica).
How it works
Mode of action
The McPhail Trap needs to be used in combination with a luring substance. With a liquid luring substance wasps or flies are attracted to the trap. Once in the trap, they drown in the liquid. For certain fruit fly species the McPhail Trap can best be used with a Pherodis dispenser. In that case the funnel needs to be filled with soapy water to drown the flies once they are inside the trap.
One trap with hanging string.
Directions for use
- When used with a Pherodis dispenser:
- Place pheromone dispenser in plastic cage
- Attach plastic cage to the lip in the centre of the bucket base
- Fill the funnel with some soapy water
- When used with a liquid luring substance:
- Fill the funnel with the liquid
- Insert strap into holes at either side of the funnel. NOTE; once inserted, the strap cannot be removed
- For ease of fixing, hold strap gently to one side and line up the funnel and bucket. Push together ensuring a secure fit. Slip clear strap between grooves on top of the bucket
- Hang trap with string from loop on the straps
Traps need to be placed where insects will fly and where access to the trap is not impeded.
The number of traps required depends on local factors such as climate, crop and pest density and should always be adjusted to the particular situation.
Use in combination with a liquid luring substance or a species-specific Pherodis pheromone.
Store out of sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."