Use Ervibank to provide alternative hosts for Aphidius ervi and Aphelinus abdominalis to build up the population when aphids in the crop are scarce.
Use Ervibank for Aphidius ervi and Aphelinus abdominalis.
How it works
Mode of action
Released parasitic wasps will parasitise the wheat aphids (Sitobion avenae) present on the cereal planyd and form a large population of parasitic wasps on the cereal plants. The aphid infestation level remains low due to the continuous presence of large quantities of parasitic wasps, searching actively for aphids in the crop.
|Pack size||1 box of cereal plants with approximately 500 wheat aphids.|
|Developmental stage||All stages.|
Directions for use
- Open the box immediately after receipt
- Fill a hanging basket of 20 cm diameter with a piece of wetted rock wool
- Take the tussock of cereal plants from the box and place it on the rock wool in the basket
- Place the basket in direct light, preferably in a spot where it can remain for 10-12 weeks
- Fit a dripper to the tussock for continuous supply of water and nutrients, arrange proper drainage for any excess water
- Move the dripper from tussock to rock wool when roots start to grow
- Best results are obtained when the banker plants hang above the crop
- To prevent the crop from honeydew contamination, secreted by the aphids, a large plastic bowl can be placed under the hanging basket
- If aphids are found in the crop before the banker plants produce parasitic wasps, apply Ervipar
- Regularly add new tussocks
- Start introductions of Aphidend as soon as hyperparasitoids occur in banker plants or crop
Use 5-15 Ervibank per hectare. Consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation.
Ervibank is effective at temperatures up to approximately 30°C/86°F.
Aphids on banker plants are extremely susceptible to insecticides. Remove the banker plants from the greenhouse for at least 24 hours in case of fogging/spraying an insecticide. If the insecticide is applied via the drip system, remove the drippers from the banker plants for approximately 24 hours. In these cases it may be necessary to switch to an alternative way of irrigation temporarily.
Wheat aphids can only live and reproduce on monocotyledons. As most cultivated crops in greenhouses are dicotyledons they are not attacked.
Storage time after receipt
Store in a dark place. In case of excess of condensation in the box remove lid.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."