Natupol Booster is developed for crops with a short (one to four weeks) intensive blossom period and which produce a lot of nectar. For early blossoming crops Tripol with extra insulation is a better choice.
Pumpkins, zucchini, watermelon, kiwi, commercial seed production such as rape seed, fodder crops, sunflower etc.
How it works
Mode of action
After introduction of the hive, worker bumblebees start pollinating the flowers while at the same time collecting pollen to feed the brood. More workers emerge from the brood in the weeks after the introduction, increasing both colony size and pollination performance. After some weeks the colony will reach its maximum size and starts declining in size and pollination activity. Colony development depends on environmental conditions and the amount and quality of pollen.
One extra large pollination unit containing multiple colonies of bumblebees including one or more queens, workers, brood and sugar water.
Directions for use
- Natupol Booster hives can be placed 4-7 days before the crop starts flowering
- Ditribute the Natupol Boosters evenly throughout the plot. The best position is on a horizontal platform just above the ground
- Wait for at least 30 minutes after positioning the hives before opening the flight holes, this allows the bumblebees to calm down
- Open the ventilation openings in the top of the hive during warm weather
- Remove the white cap before opening the hive
- Pollination performance and duration varies per crop and depends on environmental conditions. Always consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation
Natupol Booster performs best at ambient temperatures between 12-30°C. Pay attention to advice for best practice in hot environments. Provide protection against direct sunlight.
Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product
Storage time after receipt
To guarantee the best pollination results, start using the hive on the day of arrival. If necessary hives can be stored for maximum 1 day.
Keep hives in a well ventilated environment, out of reach of direct sunlight.
Remove bumblebee hives after flowering of the crop and no later than 10 weeks after introduction.
Seal old hives into plastic bags for approximately 2 weeks. After this period dispose the hives according to local legislation.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."