Natupol Smart can be used in small greenhouses up to 1000 m² or in crops that produce less pollen (less than 25 flowers per m²).
Round, beef and plum tomatoes and other vegetable or fruit crops grown on small surfaces. Additionally also for melon crops.
How it works
Mode of action
After introduction of the hive, worker bumblebees start pollinating the flowers while at the same time collecting pollen to feed the brood. More workers emerge from the brood in the weeks after the introduction, increasing both colony size and pollination performance. After some weeks the colony will reach its maximum size and starts declining in size and pollination activity. Colony development depends on environmental conditions and the amount and quality of pollen.
One small colony of bumblebees including a queen, workers, brood and sugar water.
Directions for use
- Place the hive on a horizontal platform (avoid inclination, otherwise sugar water may leak)
- Position the hive about 20-60 cm above the ground in the shade of the crop or if necessary provide additional shading
- Under short day conditions (<10 hours light) position the hive near the top of plants, in such a way that the hive is exposed to the first daylight
- Wait for at least 15 minutes after positioning the hive before opening the hive entrance, this allows the bumblebees to calm down
- Pull the white sliding door of the hive upward until two openings become visible (entrance and exit). Do not remove the small black door under the lid
- Pollination performance and duration varies per crop and depends on environmental conditions. Always consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation
Natupol Smart performs best at ambient temperatures between 12-30°C. Pay attention to advice for best practice under conditions with artificial light or in hot environments.
Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions. Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product.
Storage time after receipt
To guarantee the best pollination results, start using the hive on the day of arrival. If necessary hives can be stored for maximum 1 day.
Keep hives in a well ventilated environment, out of reach of direct sunlight.
- Never move a hive from one greenhouse to another
- Remove bumblebee hives the latest 10 weeks after introduction
- Clean the hive stand before placing new hives
Seal old hives into plastic bags for approximately 2 weeks. After this period dispose the hives according to local legislation.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."