Use Wireless Beehome for:
The Wireless Beehome system helps to improve pollination of crops grown under artificial light, during the darker months in autumn and winter.
The Wireless Beehome system consists of a receiver for each active hive and a central transmitter.
When to use the Wireless Beehome system
With the Wireless Beehome system, the hive entrance of the Natupol hives can be opened and closed automatically on set times. When assimilation lights dominate the natural (UV) light in the greenhouse during winter time, bumblebees have difficulties with their orientation. This has a negative effect on pollination. The Wireless Beehome system facilitates the release of bumblebees only under favourable light conditions, by timely opening and closing the hive entrance. It not only improves the bumblebees’ pollination performance, but also improves the development and lifespan of the colonies.
How the Wireless Beehome system works
Each Wireless Beehome receiver can open or close the hive entrance of a Natupol hive on set times. One central transmitter can manage several receivers in the greenhouse. The moment of opening and closing the hive entrance can be controlled by:
- a signal from the climate computer
- a timer connected to the central transmitter
How to use Wireless Beehome
Download the manuals of the Wireless Beehome system
Best working conditions
Protect the Wireless Beehome transmitters and receivers against condensation, moisture and direct sunlight.
The battery of the Wireless Beehome receiver can last for two seasons but only if the receivers are switched off after removal from the greenhouse.
- Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
- Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.
- Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.