Use Entonem for
Soil application: Larvae of sciarid flies (Sciaridae), pupae of thrips and larvae of black vine weevil.
Leaf application: Larvae of thrips.
Each box contains nematodes (third stage) in gel
Standard Entonem: 1 bag in a box
Each bag contains: 50 million nematodes
Large Entonem: 2 bags in a box
Each bag contains: 250 million nematodes
For general information on the product, see our video: www.youtube.com/watch
When to use Entonem
Use Entonem for biological control of:
- Larvae of sciarid flies (Sciaridae), pupae of thrips and larvae of black vine weevil.
- Leaf application: Larvae of thrips.
How Entonem works
After application, the nematodes actively search for their prey and penetrate them. The nematodes feed on the contents of the prey, excreting specific bacteria from their digestive tracts as they do so. These bacteria convert host tissue into products that the nematodes can easily ingest. The larvae die within a few days.
Usage of Entonem
Preparation of the spray solution:
- Half an hour before preparing the product, remove the pack from the refrigerator and let it come up to room temperature (20°C)
- Break the contents of the sachet (250 million Steinernema feltiae) into smaller pieces
- Use the entire pack and place the smaller pieces in a bucket containing five litres of water (at 15 to 20°C)
- Leave the bucket with the solution to stand for five minutes
- Then stir the solution until all the lumps have disappeared before transferring it to the spray tank
- Use the spray solution straight away
Application and dosage:
- With a watering- can, sprinkler system, backpack spray unit or vehicle-mounted spray unit
- To avoid blockage, all filters should be removed
- Use a maximum pressure of 12 bar on spraying boom or pistol
- The spray nozzle opening should be at least 0.5 mm (500 microns)
- Continuous mixing should take place to prevent nematodes sinking to the bottom of the spray tank
- Dosage of 0.5 million nematodes/m²
- Amount of spray solution depends on application method
- Water the soil before and after application
- Distribute the spraying solution evenly over the soil surface
- Keep the soil moist for the first two weeks after application
- Use 0.25 million nematodes/m² mixed into 0.125 litre spray solution (=1250 litres/hectare)
- A wetting agent will improve efficacy
- Spray the crop evenly with the Entonem solution
- Repeat treatment every week as long as necessary
Best working conditions for Entonem
- Make sure the soil is moist
- Soil temperature must be between 8 and 33°C
- Nematodes are very susceptible to ultraviolet light (UV): do not use them in direct sunlight
- Leaf applications should only be carried out in the evening to minimize the influence of UV light and to maximize moisture content beneficial to the nematodes
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Entonem, please follow the instructions below. Koppert Biological Systems is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Shelf life: see package for expiry date
- Storage temperature: 2-6 °C
- Store in a dark place
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice requires detailed information on local factors, such as the crop itself, climate conditions and the level of infestation. To ensure a correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.
Curative (small-scale infestations)
Curative (large-scale infestations)
| || |